This Homemade Chocolate Pudding is a stunning make-ahead mouthwatering dessert that’s creamy and smooth. It’s an easy recipe with a few simple ingredients: raspberry jello powder, cool whip, half and half milk, gelatin, unsweet chocolate and sugar.
Perfect Chocolate Pudding
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 3 oz Raspberry jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream or cool whip
- 1/2 cup half and half milk
- 2 packets unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate chopped or chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Place a muffin tin on a work surface. Set 6 wine glasses on the diagonal in the cups and set aside.
- In a small-medium bowl, add 1 cup of boiling water and gelatin and stir slowly until dissolved.
- Add 1/2 cup cold water and mix well. Set aside to cool until half set (Thick but not firm). It takes about over 1 hour at room temperature or 5-10 minutes in the fridge.
- Once it’s half-settled, add whipped cream and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into each glass. Keeping the glasses in position, slowly lift the tray and transfer to the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours to set.
- In a small-medium saucepan, add half and half milk. Sprinkle gelatin on top and set aside for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in cold water until mixed, and then add the chocolate and sugar.
- Place over medium-low heat and cook for about 8-12 minutes until the mixture can coat the back of a spoon easily. Then remove from heat. Let it cool completely.
- Remove glasses from the fridge and place on a flat surface. Pour the chocolate mixture into glasses and cover the raspberry layer.
- Chill at least one more hour to set.
- Garnish with optional raspberries and mint. Serve and enjoy!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!