Caribbean Jerk Chicken and Pineapple Salsa is just the dish you need to transport you to somewhere tropical even if you can’t quite yet get there in real life. Starting with a sweet/spicy/tangy marinade and ending with a delicious, slightly spicy pineapple salsa, this dish is delish start to finish!
- Prep Time: 10 MINUTES
- Cook Time: 15 MINUTES
- marinating time: 30 MINUTES
- Servings: 4 SERVINGS
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to even 1/2 inch thickness – see note
- steamed white rice for serving optional
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- juice of 2 limes 2-3 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 onion, diced
- handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced optional
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt to taste
- In a medium bowl stir together all marinade ingredients. Add the chicken, toss to coat. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine. Optional: combine in a blender or food processor and give it a few pulses. Chill until ready to use.
- Use tongs to transfer chicken to a preheated grill or skillet over medium heat (discard marinade) and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Serve chicken with pineapple salsa.
If you have large chicken breasts, rather than pounded them to 1/2-inch thickness, you can slice them in half lengthwise.